Friday, September 19, 2014

Motel Adam

View of Motel Adam from my doorstep
Photos

Diane dropped me off at the Motel Adam on boulevard Greber in Gatineau. It is built on the “old model”, with many units surrounded by ample parking, with a space in front of each unit.

The interior is nicer that the outside would suggest, with a natural brick wall  running the length of the hotel room, a newer Queen bed, remodeled bathroom, flatscreen TV – TV reception was poor and definitely not high def. The wifi is billed as “highspeed” but it’s not, especially for one spoiled by very fast connectivity at home. It is a little desolate and quiet for just one person.

Simple but nice "superior" room
I walked about a mile to a strip mall to the north and found a liquor store, where I bought a bottle of scotch. After a fast food chicken sandwich at Burger King, I came home and poured myself a drink. Life almost instantly seemed a little rosier.

The Gentlemen’s Club across the street might be a draw for some, perhaps while their lady friends shop at the “erotic boutique” a few blocks away. The street seems a little shabby, much like avenue Mont-Royal was 40 years ago when I lived in the now chic Plateau Mont-Royal.