Friday, October 4, 2013

Ten Days Later ...

I was sick all last week but have been feeling progressively better since Monday. I felt very tired most of this week, but this morning was well enough to do some yard work. I think I've learned a lesson from the shortened Canadian adventure.

While I thought that I was spacing out activities very nicely, my principal error was thinking that I could combine an emotionally intense reunion with a visit to Montreal. Even if I had been feeling fine, the Ottawa weekend would have been enough of an undertaking.

When I get a cold, I'm always much sicker than most people, for a longer period of time. I also can't discount the effect of MS on my energy level, even on my best days. The fatigue I've been experiencing this week feels MS-related, rather than the aftermath of a cold.

I'm still sorry I had to come home early, but I'm glad I didn't try to make it to Montreal. Hindsight suggests that there's no need to regret my decision.