Monday, September 23, 2013

Self Diagnosis: Dehydration

Despite all the instruction from friends to see a doctor today, I didn't do so. Instead, I drank water.

I realized yesterday that I felt a little better with every glass of water, and the penny gradually dropped. Dehydration. Looked up the Mayo Clinic info when I got home, and it seemed clear that I was quite, but not severely, dehydrated.

The combination of lots of talking in a noisy environment and insufficient water worked havoc on my throat and vocal chords. I have hardly spoken at all for nearly 72 hours, and am only now beginning to fear close to recovery.

My throat isn't sore anymore but it still feels very dry, so I'll spend the evening with lots of water. I've felt physically exhausted most of that time as well, but am now feeling somewhat stronger.

Tomorrow I think I'll  feel better.