Saturday, September 21, 2013

Beautiful Baby

Sheryl and I lived across the hall from each other as first-year McGill students who lived in residence at Royal Victoria College. She left McGill after three years and went to law school in Toronto, and we lost touch until a few years ago when the Internet gave us the opportunity to reconnect.

We shared an apartment for a weekend two years ago when we attended a McGill reunion, and I rejoiced with her and her husband when they became grandparents fifteen months ago. Today, I met Sheryl's beautiful daughter and her family at their home, about a twenty-minute walk from my hotel.

The baby is even more delightful in person than I imagined from the dozens of Facebook photos I've seen. She's a spirited little red-headed imp:

Sheryl's Granddaughter