Saturday, September 21, 2013

Delta Hotel - Ottawa Centre



View from my room. Ottawa River in the distance.
I left our house in St. Paul shortly before 4:30 a.m. Friday morning. Bob dropped me off at the airport, which wasn't at all busy at that time of day. My 6:10 a.m. flight to Ottawa was very light, so I had a row to myself and got to see the sun rise as we flew east to Toronto. I really don't like Pearson airport, but I've got to know it reasonably well and I managed to find my way through customs & immigration and to my gate, with only a few wrong turns. Fortunately I remembered that I had to retrieve my checked bag in Toronto and carry it myself to the conveyor belt for the Ottawa flight.
Taxi downtown was not cheap but well worth the money, as I was a little travel wear when I got out of the airport at about 11:30. The day was sunny and hot when I arrived at Delta City Centre to check in. I had requested an early check-in, but this really was a little early, and sure enough, my room wasn't ready yet.
View from my 25th floor window at the Delta


My comfortable room
Luck was on my side. I was upgraded to a deluxe King on the 25th floor, with a great view. Free breakfast and appetizers in the evening. The great room refreshed me so I went out for a walk in the sunshine. Stopped at Starbucks a couple of blocks away and people-watched as I enjoyed my coffee.